If you have followed reviews here at AppMarketingPlus, you’ll know that we are fan of unique introduction of App related news, particularly when they bring something distinctive to the benefits of global users. As a professional, I have certain things to share about App Economy in 2018, so it must come as a surprise to no one that people enjoy app thoroughly, particularly on Apple and Google Play Stores.
While I’m not as expressive as other people I know, I search these important details to be beneficial, unique, and they’re absolutely great at knowing their salient aspects. 2018 would specially mark the 10-year anniversary for both the Apple App Store and Android Market. Since their popular launches, mobile apps have strongly impacted society at faster pace and scale.
App Economy has matured in number of beneficial ways:
- By the end of October 2017, the iOS App Store and Google Play had more than 2 million and more than 3.5 million apps available
- During the month ending October 31, 2017, roughly 50,000 new apps launched on the iOS App Store and over 150,000 were added to Google Play.
- The global users on average are spending two hours per day — which equates to one month out of every year — in apps.
- More than 40 countries would actively generate over $100 million each in consumer spends in 2017 for iOS App Store and Google Play combined.
- Apps play a key role in almost every industry namely as retail, banking, travel, QSR, CPG and media and entertainment.
It is expected that worldwide consumer spend across all mobile app stores would immensely grow approximately 30% year over year to exceed $110 billion in 2018. Though China, India and Brazil are top markets to watch, China would still continue to be important market for app store consumer spend in 2018.
Top Predictions for the App Economy in 2018
- App Store Curation drives Higher Overall In-App Purchase Revenue, expands Opportunity for Independent Publishers
- Glance-centric Use Cases Broaden Augmented Reality (AR) Adoption
- Fragmentation of the Video Streaming Space Accelerates
- Mobile Pushes towards Center of the Retail Customer Journey
- Restaurant Aggregators drive Mobile Conversion as delivery as a Service Penetrating premium markets
- In-Home Voice Agent Category increased by New Entrants and Continued Seasonal Buying
- Finance-Related Apps focused for massive significant transformation in 2018
- P2P Payment Apps would actively diversify Transaction volume
We are highly excited to see how app developers surpass the boundaries of what’s presently possible and deliver on these requirements over the app economy’s second decade.